The University of São Paulo (USP) is a public university, maintained by the State of São Paulo and affiliated with the State Secretariat of Economic, Scientific and Technological Development. Various world rankings, created to measure the quality of universities according to various criteria, particularly those related to scientific productivity, have widely recognized the talent and dedication of USP professors, students and employees (Institutional – USP).
USP, as the major institution of higher learning and research in Brazil, is responsible for educating a large part of Brazilian Masters and Ph.D’s.
- 183 undergraduate courses dedicated to all of the knowledge areas.
- 42 unities for teaching and research.
- More than 58,000 undergraduate students.
- Graduate courses have 239 programs with approx. 30,000 enrolled students.
- USP is responsible for more than 20% of the scientific production in Brazil.
- Internationalization is one of its main goals.
For more information: usp.br